7.18.2013

skorts for the girl

Recently, my friend sent me a link to a free tutorial for a skirt with built in shorts. 

How had I missed this? (Georgine seriously sends me the coolest links.) 

So I pulled out a half yard of knit I had, and some left over knit chevron (both from Girl Charlee), resized the pattern, and came up with this:


I think I over-sized the measurements a bit, because I was aiming for a fit of 7/8, & it fits my girl more like an 8/9, but that's alright. More room for her to grow!

Plus, every knit piece I sew, I am that much more further along as a knit-tastic seamstress! 
(Knit-tastic. I know. I see it, too. But I'm leaving it.) 

PS: click here if you have trouble reaching the tutorial from the link above. 

4 comments:

  1. very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait till you see them in person!

      Delete
  2. Skirts with shorts are perfect for school age girls. The blue floral fabric is so pretty. And I totally can't see whatever is there that you see.:) It looks perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga...sometimes my 'humorous' wording only makes me laugh ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...