7.03.2013

elegance & elephants pattern: bubble pocket top & spin skirt

 More amazing pattern goodness for you today! I was thrilled to get in on testing this look for Heidi over at Elegance & Elephants. She has such classic, beautifully tailored looks, and this pattern is no exception! 


The Bubble Pocket Top & Spin Skirt is a well drafted pattern that is both a quick and satisfying sew, but yields an outfit that looks completely professional with fun detailing! Let me begin by showing you my Bubble Pocket Top. 

You can see that this pattern has a classic button back closure. I love the flow of the back of this top! There's so much fun in the front with side panels and poofy pockets. I think the lines of the back keep the top very sophisticated. 
When I originally saw this pattern over at E&E, I was drawn to the overall look of course, but also to the possibility of making it reversible. So I set out to give that a shot. The way Heidi has taken the time to draft a lining that encloses all the seams allows this top the flexibility of being reversible! I wanted to add a bit of dimension, so I placed buttons on either side of the top in the exact same position. That way, it can be worn pockets out or lining out with no problem. I plan on playing around with some embroidery for my next set. 


And the Spin Skirt! I think we've established that everyone loves a good, twirly skirt! I'm happy to report that this skirt meets and exceeds those expectations! 
Truly, though, this skirt is adorable. It's a quick sew, but with the contrasting waistband and the coordinating details, this is more than your average "elastic waist" skirt. (And I'm not knocking an elastic waist skirt...I love a good, quick, satisfying skirt...which is what the Spin Skirt is, with a more professional result!) This skirt might truly be my new "go to" skirt. 
I love this pattern, and the possibilities it gives to any girl's wardrobe are endless. Pop on over to Elegance & Elephants, and scoop up your own Bubble Pocket Top & Spin Skirt! 
And if you're visiting me from E&E, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to swing by! 

13 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the skirt...the waistband is so professional looking. My daughter loves her spin skirt. And your reversible top looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And every girl needs a good spinning skirt! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you did the reversible option. Thank you for figuring it out. I totally agree about it being the new go to skirt. I have 3 more that I am hoping to sew up soon.
    That skirt material is really cool do you mind if I ask where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The skirt material is V and Co. for moda, simply color dots (I believe.) The purple was a voile from...Heather Ross? I think? At any rate, I purchased them all at my local fabric store. :)

      Delete
  3. This outfit is so pretty! I love the skirt too (love that fabric) and I like that when you reverse the top to the pink the grey fabric peeks out the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgine! I loved how that did that, too! I know just who to send it to when she outgrows it... ;)

      Delete
  4. I love you fabric choice. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric you chose for the skirt and that you did the reversible option :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a fun look, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. oh, I really like how this turned out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, we do too! :)

      Delete
  7. As always, beautifully crafted and great attention to detail! I love the reversible top!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...