7.13.2013

compagnie m. patterns:pattern testing the mara blouse

Have you had a chance to stop by Compagnie M. yet? Marte is the talented lady who runs that little corner of blogland, and she is brilliant seamstress, as well! She has already shared several patterns with her readers, and I was so thrilled to be able to test her newest creation, the Mara Blouse. Isn't it beautiful?

The Mara Blouse will be Marte's first "official" pattern, and it's a winner! With the beautiful yoke, and options for sleeves or none, this blouse will be a go-to for any occasion. The cut keeps it roomy, perfect for dancing and silliness and overall play, while the details (yoke, trim options, pleats) keep it feminine and perfect for a dressier event. 
For my version, I used some beautiful floral cotton I picked up at Whipstitch in Atlanta a couple years ago, and matching ric rac. 


The pattern hasn't been released yet (soon!), but when Marte gave us the go-ahead for a sneak peek, I couldn't resist! I promise to update the blog when Compagnie M. releases the Mara Blouse. That way, you can go check it out for yourself! In the meantime, hop over there to check out some of the other goodies at Compagnie M.! 



Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. I tested the same pattern. Love your version, especially the pop of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love yours, Olga! Your daughter's fabric choice was perfect, she looks so lovely! Thank you for your kind comments, this was a fun pattern to do, wasn't it?

      Delete
  2. Nice finishing work! The tab button holes are beautifully done! As is the stitching and catch of ric-rac in the bodice and around the arms!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...