6.09.2013

Little Lizard King Fairy Flutter Dress Pattern Revolution Sew Along *with update!*

**Hey, check me out! I was featured over on Pattern Revolution as a sew-along winner for Little Lizard King! Click here!**


The post title is a mouthful, but the results are so yummy! 

(couldn't resist) 
Have you discovered the Pattern Revolution blog yet? It's a fun little corner in the blogosphere full of tips and tricks and sew alongs! I was happy to squeeze into the Little Lizard King sew along of their pattern The Fairy Flutter Dress.
  



I had some awesome chevron fabric from a chain store that I was  excited to use! It's this adorable chevron, and I was able to nab it for so cheap! Well let me tell you...I paid for it tenfold in time. As cute as it is, the fabric was cheap for a reason. The chevron wasn't printed straight on the grain, and it took quite a bit of creative cutting to get things to line up nicely when cutting out the pattern. But in the end, I made it work (enough), and was able to create this sweet little dress for my daughter! I even added some little beads across the collar to give it a little extra dimension. 

The pattern was easy to use, and I think there will certainly be another Fairy Flutter Dress (or two) in our future! 

7 comments:

  1. WOW! This dress is fantastic. The fabric works so well together, I am so jealous of your good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you sewed this dress, so I can enjoy it vicariously through you:) I think it's darling, and you made that cheap fabric sing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to come back and peek at what I wrote before :) And I was right! I love this dress and can't believe I didn't mention the beads before. You always have such special details in your projects. I'm glad I came back to this post, because I just saw you were a winner! (I already knew that, but now more people do:) )

      Delete
    2. :) Haha, that's awesome! Thanks again, Angie!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! A well deserved win! That dress turned out so sweet. Good job matching patterns. No small feat! A beautiful combination of fabrics! And it fits like a glove...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beads at the collar were the perfect touch! (and I agree with all the comments above!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...