6.05.2013

classic shorts + classic skirt = classic look

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that I don't have to reinvent the wheel every time I sit down at my machine. It's okay to follow a pattern that I've used before. It's okay to follow a pattern, period! While it's fun and challenging to create new looks from scratch, it's just as satisfying to put as much care into a look you know will be just as loved in the end. 



Using some adorable, kitschy United States fabric from Alexander Henry, I made a classic set of shorts for my boy, and a simple, A-line skirt for my girl. I topped each with a matching shirt (because 1: she loves that right now, and 2: I can get away with that for at least one more year!) and had instant boutique style outfits that coordinate. Cuties!! 

Throw 'em on, and you're ready to go. Even if it's only to the library on a rainy, cloudy day! 

Simple, gratifying...classic. 

1 comment:

  1. Just darling! Good idea with the matching shirts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...