6.20.2012

{a nautical birthday: cupcake toppers & birthday hat}

The theme for my son's second birthday is "Ahoy, Birthday Boy!"

Here's just a quick look at what I have set up for my son's cupcake toppers. I used the Silhouette to cut out the shapes and print/cut the designs. So simple and sweet!


My son's cupcake will have an extra large sail on it. I still need to purchase a small dowel to hold the sail, but I think it will look pretty cute!


His party hat is a toddler sized dixie cup that I had purchased years ago, in anticipation for our Navy babies-to-be! I embroidered it with a floating "2" on waves. Again, very simple, but also easy to pick the stitches out should I ever need to reuse the hat for something.


I've also created a banner, tattoos, and a few other party decorations, but I think those will all be shown in a party recap down the road.

1 comment:

  1. This stuff is so cute!! I can't wait to see the final product. You have such an amazing talent for putting together well planned and decorated parties!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...