3.29.2012

{bird's nests: a no bake recipe}

Before we head out of town for the weekend, I have a quick recipe to share. Few pictures, few words, but a simple, easy treat for your upcoming Easter events!

Bird's Nests have been around for a bit, I know, but when I made them for my daughter's class party this week, I got asked about the recipe a couple times, so I thought I'd post. 

Hungry for a little taste of these?
Here's what you'll need:

Bird's Nests
(yields ~28 nests)

1 lb of white almond bark
10 oz of fried chow mein noodles
1 bag of jelly beans (or other colorful candy)
Wax/Parchment paper
Cookie sheet

*Pour chow mein noodles into a bowl and set aside. 
*Break your almond bark up into a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in   between to avoid scorching the almond bark. 
*When the almond bark is melted through, pour over your chow mein noodles, and stir immediately. 
*Spoon little clusters onto a sheet pan covered with wax or parchment paper. Fashion into a "nest" shape.
*Immediately place jellybeans ("eggs") into the nest, pushing gently to help them settle into the almond bark. 
*Cool in fridge. (Mine set up within the hour)

Serve and enjoy! 


Also...I don't usually share too many pictures of my children straight on (I save that for Facebook!) but here is a peek at our Easter card from Shutterfly this year. I love the vintage feel to it! Remember that Violette Field Threads dress I was earlier referring to? You catch a glimpse of that beautiful bodice below!


Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...