2.22.2012

{all about the mustache: toddler tee and pants}

My son has crazy beautiful hair. Curls in the back, and of course, still soft and silky. I know it won't be this way forever, and I am loathe to even hint at cutting it. Luckily, my husband is awesome and amazing, and fully supports keeping it as is until we're both good and ready for the first hair cut.

So I get to keep my "baby" a bit longer...and we get to come up with super cool nicknames for his 'do in the meantime! The front runners are Doc Brown and, more recently, Einstein. So I decided to use some fabric paint and the old Silhouette to make an appropriate shirt for our boy.

In the meantime, while perusing the Target clearance section recently, I stumbled upon a men's tee that read "A Mustache Means Business". The price tag? $2.98. (I love you Target clearance!)

And an outfit was born.


I used the Kickin' Back Sweats pattern from my Sewing For Boys book. I just kept it super simple, wanting the pictures on the pants to speak for themselves.


The font and mustache on the top were both from the Silhouette store.


I love those pants! They're a little big right now, so I'm counting on him getting some use out of them for awhile, long after he's outgrown the onesie and the hair!

5 comments:

  1. I love it! I love tee and the pants are so cool. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling! Where did you get that creative streak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are way too cute!! love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable. The refashioning is awesome--the mustaches are too funny and I really love how the pictures are only on one leg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love this! Yay for Target. Yay for Sewing For Boys! Yay for mustaches! I will have to remember to peruse the clearance shirts when I go through Target. I've been trying to go less because it's too tempting for me to load up on a bunch of things I didn't know I needed till I saw them.

    My baby has crazy hair too. Fluffy and curly and super wild. It never seems to get longer because it just keeps growing in on itself. Lol. It tends to get matted and super big, so I end up calling her Elizabeth Taylor or Robert Smith.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...