I have been keeping an eye on the blog's sew-alongs for quite some time, and I finally decided to give the Leah Tunic a shot. I'm pretty pleased with the end results, too!
I used one yard of fabric for my (almost) 5 year old, and that worked pretty well. The fabric I found at Hobby Lobby on sale for $3/yard (I know, I know, it wasn't on hand, BUT the bias tape and thread were!)
I love the shirt's details, like the little cap sleeves and the pockets.
The tunic seems to run a bit large on her right now, but that's okay. Despite our 70 degree weather, it is still only January, so I'm hoping this will take her well into summer!
I'll definitely be making another of these in the future. Maybe when I get brave enough to try my hand at making my own bias tape, too!