12.04.2011

{christmas outfit}

create.
Back in October, I found this fabric and fell in love with it. I knew that somehow, my daughter would be sporting a frock made from this come Christmastime, I just wasn't sure which one.

I had also been eyeballing this pattern by Heidi and Finn for quite some time, but hadn't yet found the perfect fabric. (You can see where this is going, can't you?)


Peanut Butter, meet Chocolate. Chocolate, Peanut Butter.

I got to work.  The pattern was so easy to follow, and the dress came together quickly. I used some aqua shirting material for the lining, and it's flowy and comfortable.

Perfect for dancing.
I had some odds and ends laying around from a bag of buttons I had purchased years ago. I used two little candy canes to pull up the sides of the dress (where the pattern had pictured bows.)


In that bag, I also had one turquoise/gold button, which to be honest, I never thought I would have use for, but works perfectly with this dress!


I think that my favorite part of this dress, though, is the big bubble skirt! I absolutely love it!



Paired with some white tights and her red patent mary janes, she is one stylin' girl this season! I used some fleece and coordinating fabric to make a pair of pants for her brother, but alas. On this particular day, I was only able to convince one child to cooperate! I'll try to get those added soon!

1 comment:

  1. G's dress is insane! I would have never thought to pick the fabric for a dress, but it is perfect. And the little touches make it so much more special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...