10.04.2011

{poe pumpkin tutorial}

create.
A few years ago, my sister and I were flipping through a magazine and saw a gorgeous pumpkin covered in the words of Edgar Allan Poe with a large raven perched on top. I promised my sister I would make one for her...and a few years later, I finally have!

What you'll need to create your own Poe Pumpkin:
*Fake pumpkin (I used white to avoid any orange showing through)
*Favorite lines from "The Raven" typed and printed
*A raven
*decoupage
*glitter
*glue gun


I tore my poem lines into strips, and began to decoupage them on in random order. I actually used a tinted decoupage, to give the finished pumpkin an aged look. I like it, but I think it would look really sharp with regular decoupage, too. Or tea stained paper? Endless ideas!


Once I had finished placing the poem, I sprinkled some fine glitter over the top to give it a little sparkle...but this step could be skipped and still garner great results.


Once everything has dried completely, I used a hot glue gun to attach my "raven" to the top of the pumpkin.


Then display and enjoy! (Or, find a box large enough to ship said Poe Pumpkin to your sister, so she doesn't have to wait yet another three years to actually see her finished pumpkin!)


"Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-Only this, and nothing more." ~EAPoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...