6.21.2011

{banana muffins for baby}

(and Daddy, and Mommy, and Big Sister, too!)

Updating nail care has jumped to the top of my to-do list
after seeing those little fingers in pictures!

While researching an egg-free recipe for my son (whose pediatrician has requested we hold off on all eggs until he is at least one), I found a quick and simple recipe for applesauce muffins, with different egg substitute options.  I used banana as our egg substitute, and the results were met with great success!

By us, at least. My son? Not as much. I think it's a texture thing. Oh well...we'll keep at it, and when he finally does let it sit on his tongue for more than a nano-second, I'm sure he'll love them, too!

Baby's Own Banana Muffins - Adapted Recipe

1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 large banana, mashed
3 oz  applesauce
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 390 degrees
Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until light.
Beat in the banana.
Beat in the applesauce.
Stir the dry ingredients together and add them to the bowl, blending just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake for around 18 mins, until golden.
Yield-about 9 muffins



We (three of us, at least) love these muffins, and I plan on making a batch of minis to take on the road with us as a healthier snack option in between meals. 

To check out this original recipe (and others), you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...