4.05.2011

{legos and dinos: t-shirts}

Birthdays and boys.  That's what we've got going on around here! It's a fun change of pace to pull together something a tad less frilly/ruffly/pink for a gift! And with t-shirt weather either approaching or upon us (depending on your part of the planet), I've enjoyed pulling together a couple of shirts to reflect the young men they will be gifted to!

The kids and I went shopping, and I let my trend-setting color team (read: my Bluebird) pick out a couple of tees for the boys (turns out orange is in this season!), and then we put them on the company's charge card (read: Mommy's) and headed home to pull things together!

First up: my nephew--and beautiful godson--is into legos. (So we hear.  We still live way too far away to know that first hand :-(
So I came up with the following for him:


And to add a little something extra, the back looks like...


This, along with a subscription to the Lego magazine, will hopefully be a birthday hit!

And then, for my daughter's "best friend" (you can never have too many!), who will be turning 4 this weekend, I put together this shirt:


His party is dinosaur-themed, so it seemed appropriate!! And once again, to add that extra touch, the lower back of the shirt is:


Fun to make...hopefully just as fun to receive!

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Do you use the silhouette and transfer paper to make them? I've been thinking it might be time to make my boys a round of tee shirts for the summer...but I'm kind of tired of freezer paper. Thanks for the inspiration--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the delay Elisabeth! I did use the silhouette and flocked heat transfer for those. I honestly love it! I need to get creative again, and come up with some other ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...