12.12.2010

{christmas can-do, too}

The Christmas crafting continues.  Just when I think I'm getting to the bottom of my list, I'll remember I'd like to give something to the teachers...or, I'll be perusing the internet, and run across another fun, cute tutorial! What I really need to do is to stay off my favorite websites altogether, until I'm all done with what's on my crafting plate.

(and pack.)

((and clean.))

Anyway...I have been able to put together some more quick, easy, and cute projects using some great tutorials! Check them out...you could easily do this, too!

First of all, those teacher gifts. Using these quick directions from "made", I put together a couple sets of notecards for my little girl's preschool teachers. A set of five, tied with a little bow, and topped with a mini cookie cutter, which my bluebird helped me paint with craft glue, and shake it up in a bag of glitter. Cute. And just as important: fast and simple!


I've been making messenger bags/purses for my nieces this year. For the younger girls, I used this tutorial from Diary of a Quilter. My daughter had fun helping me pick out the fat quarters, and it was great to get two bags out of each quarter!


Each bag will have little trinkets stuffed inside upon Christmas delivery, such as these:


or these:

And, of course, I didn't forget my nephews!  In keeping with my messenger bag theme, I was so happy to stumble across this tutorial from Ambrosia Girl. I love how she described this as a Semi-Homemade craft, similar to Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Cooking! The bags were a great price, and the fabric painting was fun! 


Finally, I had to use the fleece hat tutorial one more time for one last boy's gift.  


And the crafting will continue!  I'm all about personal homemade gifts this year.

And I'm really all about easy-to-pack gifts! 

(If you give these a shot, don't forget to show me what you've got!)

  

2 comments:

  1. Your patches are darling. Love the bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute stuff! Thanks so much for the shout out!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...