11.27.2010

{j. crew inspired girl's dress}

Isn't her hat also darling?? My talented cousin knit it! 
inspired.
Not so long ago, while online window shopping, I ran across a cute girl's dress at J. Crew.  I simultaneously  thought "How simply sweet!" and "I bet I could do that!"

Now, I in no way consider myself an expert sewer.  I have a basic machine, not a serger.  I have (too) many moments where my machine and I exchange words of mutual dislike.

I am, however, good at following directions.  (Oldest child syndrome!)  So when I find a tutorial that's well done, I will very confidently use it.

So J. Crew dress online (which has since sold out, so I can't link to it) + easy peasant blouse tutorial from indietutes = homemade J. Crew inspired girl's dress!

I used a remnant of jersey material that I picked up at Hancock's for a steal!  Because I wanted her to get a lot of use from the dress, it's short sleeved (easy to layer for cooler days, cool enough for warmer days.)



Like I said, I'm far from expert, but I will say that when a project comes together, my simple sewing machine and I are the best of friends!  And I consider this a success...but to be fair, my daughter looks adorable in anything (says the non-biased mama.)

1 comment:

  1. Is it wrong to be jealous of an almost-four-year-old's wardrobe?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts...